We have all felt the pressures of the down economy. It always seems as if we could use that extra $100 to just survive until we get to the next month. Some of us have jobs or school that are starting up in a month or two, but we just need to keep ourselves afloat until we get merged into our new gig. That is where this article comes in! I will show you 7 guaranteed ways to make $500 or more in 30 days. This isn’t making $500 and having to wait a month or two to actually get it like some affiliate sales networks do. That is BS. This is cold hard cash in your hands on or before 30 days from now!
I got the concept for this post from Chris Guillebeau’s blog when he posted the following question:
Let’s say you were short on cash and had to make an extra $300-500 in the next 30 days. You can’t rob a bank (or do anything else illegal), and you have no access to an existing email list or website. What do you do?
So my rules are going to be simple:
- Have to make at least $300-500 in 30 days
- Has to be legal
- Can’t use an existing website or email list
First of all, I want to elaborate on where your mindset should be for this task. Money is a form of wealth. Wealth can be created out of thin air or exchanged for other things of value. So to make money, we are either going to A) create something by exchanging our time for adding value to someone’s life or B) leverage our skills and talents to obtain the most money as possible. A lot of the money making methods I’m going to go over aren’t going to be cost efficient, but that isn’t the purpose of this post. The purpose of this post is to create value for others, leverage our current talents, and make sure that our wealth is highly liquid (aka having cold hard cash in your hands in 30 days because lets face it…. the landlord doesn’t care how much money is in your Adsense account).
Making Money Fast Method 1 – Gambling
Let me be straightforward and tell you I am partial to this method as this is something I have researched and actually done before. Between Christmas 2008 and February 1, 2009 I managed to go from playing play money to having $1,000 in my bank account! Don’t get me wrong, it took a lot of work (and that is an understatement), but if you are dedicated to making money, you can do it!
How I did it was I signed up to PokerStars and played their free money play chip games. When I got to 1,000,000 play chips, I sold the chips on eBay for $10 (don’t ask me why someone would by fake chips with real money lol). I then played the $.01/$.02 games for a while until I had 2,000 big blinds for the next level which was $.02/$.05, $.05/$.10, and so on. The reason why this worked for me is because I was a focused and dedicated student to the game. I had no money so I went down to my local library and rented a couple of books on poker theory. If asked if I would ever do it again, I would say no, but given where I was in my life and where I wanted to be, this was 100% the best thing I could have done given my skill set and dedication to learn. I love playing poker as a hobby and am happy that my hobby can and has paid for my living expenses over the past 2 years.
Just so you guys know, since April 2011, all the major poker sites have fled the USA and don’t seem to be coming back anytime soon. The poker room I play at currently and would recommend for anyone willing to try this method is Minted Poker. If you sign up under this link, I will help you to get a 100% deposit bonus (which could make you all your money in of itself) plus rake back which for me adds up to several hundred dollars per week. If you are willing to put in the work, you can definitely make a lot of money, even as a newer poker player!
Money to be made: Lots of money!
Difficulty: Fairly hard. Takes some dedication, effort, and ability to learn
Would I recommend it?: Yes, but not to everyone. If you are smart and willing to spend hours of your time playing a fun game, you can do it. If you don’t like playing games, this isn’t for you.
Resource Links: Minted Poker
Making Money Fast Method 2 – Create an Information Product
For me, this is a really boring way to make money, but it is a proven system that works for hundreds of people every day! My friend Vinay Patankar of the Abstract Living Blog created an information product for his new website called Free Traffic Wiz. He is passionate about internet marketing and ranking his websites high in Google. He had nothing to start with, but he ended up writing his ebook and launching it. He ended up making good money because he contacted many people with large email lists and sent out a joint venture request with the list owners. I won’t tell you how much he makes off his info products, but I’ll just say it is past what our goal is!
I urge you guys NOT to write about internet marketing unless this is really your “thing” and you know what you are doing. It is a really saturated niche and is very hard to come up with a valuable information product that no one has ever seen before. If you are into fly fishing or dog grooming or whatever, write out a how-to-guide about that. When you are finished, create a quick landing page and pitch your product to people in your niche who have email lists. Once you have partnered up with one of these list owners, they will pitch your information product to hundreds or thousands of their subscribers and you get a ton of money flooding in! The catch is the person with the email list gets a decent chunk of the commissions for pitching your product. It isn’t bad though considering you started with nothing!
Another person who I highly admire is Pat Flynn of Smart Passive Income. He is famous in the internet marketing world because he got laid off from his architecture job and within a month, he was sustaining his lifestyle through passive income. He did a similar approach to the one outlined above. He created an ebook about the architectural exam and ranked it #1 in Google. As you can see, he made $7,126.91 his first month with his ebook alone! This was back in 2008 and every month since then, he has been banking in huge sums of money every month. I’ve been following him for a while and since I’ve been following him, he has consistently had 5 digits of passive income every month. Pretty nuts if you ask me!
Money to be made: Medium to lots of money
Difficulty: Easy work, but takes a while to write. If you are passionate about the subject, it shouldn’t be too hard to find motivation to write
Would I recommend it?: Yes! All you need is a computer and a good command of the language you are releasing your information product in
Making Money Fast Method 3 – Creating a Fiverr.com Gig
If you haven’t been under a rock the last few years, you have probably heard of Fiverr. The concept of Fiverr is to have a place where people are willing to perform a service or give a product for exactly $5. Some of these “gigs” range from creating 40 backlinks to your website for $5 all the way to making an emotional rant about anything for $5. Seriously! I can’t make this stuff up!
What you need to do is think of something you think people would want for $5 that you can do. That could be data entry, writing articles, doing math homework, singing someone happy birthday, drawing someone’s portrait, or anything else you are good at! Just go to Fiverr.com and post your new Gig. Usually you will get some people coming to your gig right off the bat, but most of the time you will have to promote your gig to get up to our $300-$500 goal. If I am drawing people’s portrait for example, I would advertise my service on art websites or I might be creative and go to blogging forums where I can advertise a fun portrait that someone could use for their site. The possibilities are endless! You just need to be creative and know what you can give to other people to provide value.
An example is one of my good friend, Amar. Amar is really good at internet marketing so he offered an hour of website consultation for $5 then pitched them more hours for more money after their first session. His customers got the benefit of a really good service for a really cheap price and in the end, Amar got tons of clients paying him a much higher price for weekly consultations. Just think about your skills and talents and put them to good use! $5 doesn’t sound like much, but after a month, they really add up!
Another site that has a similar concept is Mturk by Amazon.com. Mturk allows people to complete micro-projects. These micro-projects pay out a few pennies here and there but usually take a few seconds to complete so you can make decent money hourly for your work. It isn’t an optimal way of making money online, but it definitely works and is a good time filler between your Fiverr gigs.
Money to be made: Low to moderate amounts of money
Difficulty: Easy work
Would I recommend it?: Yes! It is really easy and anyone can do it!
Making Money Fast Method 4 – Freelance Work
This is probably one of the best jobs you can find online especially if you are a programmer or author. For this method, you are going to be trading your skilled time for lots of money! The good news is there are a ton of sites where you can do freelance work, but the bad news is you will be up against a ton of competition.
Site’s Where You Can Offer Your Service
- Freelancer.com – This is my favorite site for just about any sort of freelance work. You can work on websites, do programming, write articles, do backlinking campaigns, do data entry projects, and just about anything else! This is my number one recommendation if you want the most amount of general work available in one month. Be sure to consider taking Freelancer’s exams which make you look more reputable to your potential clients.
- Elance.com – Pretty much the same as Freelancer.com, but I prefer it slightly less. To date they boast that they have done over $414 million dollars worth of freelance transactions. You should obviously be following the money!
- oDesk - One of the biggest outsourcing and freelance sites on the internet. I haven’t used it before, but it has been recommended by a few friends.
- Associated Content – AC is one of my favorite article sites. They are a very trustworthy site that recently was acquired by Yahoo. You can write about almost anything and if you are in a writers block, they give you ideas. At the time of me writing this, they pay between $3-15 per article you write.
- Contently - This is a new higher end article site. I have yet to try them out, but if you apply to their program and get approved, you get paid $5 per article. That means 100 articles in a month (or 3.3 articles per day) gets you to our $5o0 goal!
- Rent-a-Coder – This is the number one site if you are a programmer. I’m not a programmer so I have never done any work here, but the reputation of this site is really good. If you are a programmer, get signed up and start work today!
There are many other article sites, but they are either less trustworthy, pay less, or don’t pay out instantly. If you are going to do this method you need to be sure that you are very good with the English language, write good quality content, and are capable of cranking out 100 articles for the month. Not everyone is good at writing a ton of content so stick with your strengths and find something you can do for good money!
Money to be made: Lots of money!
Difficulty: Easy to very difficult skilled work. Depends on the freelance work you take on.
Would I recommend it?: Yes! If you have skills at something, you can make a ton of money! Even if you don’t have any specialized skill, you can do more data entry work and still get to your goal (it will just obviously take longer)
Making Money Fast Method 5 – Getting a Part Time Job
No, seriously! There is nothing wrong with working crummy jobs to get by. It is important that you keep yourself afloat while shooting for your higher goals. For example, I worked at McDonald’s while growing my poker bankroll. When I had my first $10,000 month, I quit McDonald’s. There is no shame in what I did and I am happy that I kept myself afloat instead of spiraling down the debt pit that many people fall into.
Sites With Part Time Job Listings
- Craigslist – This is the big one. Many people looking to employ part time workers post their ads on Craigslist. You will always find something on there
- Indeed – I’ve used this site in the past and I really loved it! There are tons of jobs and if you have a smart phone, you can find jobs on the go!
- Local Job Boards – You can usually find these around city employment offices or inside of your college campuses.
Just keep your eye out and be open to try things. You can even go door to door asking people if they need their lawn mowed or their pet walked. If you are that desperate for $500, you should be willing to put in the hard work of not only doing the job, but finding it as well. There is no shame in getting a job no matter how low you may think it is. It is much better looking socially than standing in an unemployment line and much more personally rewarding since you are empowering yourself. Get out there and make some moolah!
Money to be made: As much as you can find work
Difficulty: Easy but usually boring
Would I recommend it?: If you have no other options and want something guaranteed, this is the way to go. It won’t be fun and it isn’t scalable, but it works.
Making Money Fast Method 6 – Selling Your Body (Legally)
We live in an advanced society where medicine can save and improve lives. Unfortunately many medical clinics and organizations can’t produce human blood, sperm, eggs, marrow or platelets so they have to get them from donors. That is where we come in! These things are in such high demand, but there are very little people who actually sell their body. Economically, this is a perfect way for you to make tons of money since there is low supply and high demand!
What You Can Sell Legally
- Whole Blood – This is the most needed donation the medical world needs yet very few actually donate blood. The American Red Cross takes blood donations, but since there is a shortage, you can sell your whole blood to other organizations.
- Platelets – You can only sell platelets twice a month, but you should get around $50 or so for this. You get initially screened then you go through a two hour process of them actually collecting your platelets.
- Plasma – There are TONS of places that collect plasma. You will earn around $35 per visit and you can sell your plasma once every 2 days. It has a similar screening and procedure as platelets because they are both extracted from the blood.
- Hair – Believe it or not, you can earn your whole $300-500 in one whack by selling your hair. Many people need wigs so you will need really long hair to be cut and sold. This is my favorite as it is painless.
- Being a Lab Rat – Many chemical and drug companies offer compensation for performing in clinical trials or being in studys. This does pose some risk as these are untested products, but you get rewarded well for your contributions. Check out local classifieds or you can usually find jobs by going to a college’s psychology department.
- Sperm – Yeah, I knew you were thinking it. You can get paid $50-200 a whack (excuse the pun) for your sperm. Don’t get too excited just yet. Sperm banks are very strict on who can sell their sperm. They go through medical exams and look into your family history for disease and illnesses. Most people don’t get approved, but it is worth a shot.
- Eggs – Men have it easy. Donating sperm is enjoyable and profitable. Women, not so much. You have to undergo a major operation for your eggs, but the good news is you get paid $4,000 to $20,000 per egg. Heck, forget the $500 goal. You will smash it if you just donate one egg!
As you can see, there is lots of money to be made in selling your body! The biggest thing is that you need to be in really good health. If you are healthy and take care of yourself, you can make several hundred dollars per week just selling your body. It is fast, easy, and pays really good!
Money to be made: Really good, but most clinics only allow you to sell yourself once every few days.
Difficulty: Hard to pass the screenings, but easy to do once you are approved.
Would I recommend it?: If you can stand some pain and want to help people, you can make a truck load of money. I highly recommend this as it is both helping people and profitable!
Resource Links: Look in your phone book for clinics
Making Money Fast Method 7 – Bitcoin Mining
I debated adding this in here, but figured I should include it so we can have a complete guide to making money fast. The concept of bitcoins is a little complicated to explain, but basically it is the digital backing of money just as gold used to back the American Dollar. You don’t have to know about monetary theory or the bitcoin markets, but what you need to know is that people pay a whole lot of money in exchange for these bitcoins.
In a central bank, the bank can print money whenever it wants. Bitcoins increase the monetary supplies by having tons of computer work on complicated computer formulas. What this all means is that you can leave your computer on and at the end of the day you will have bitcoins in your digital account. You then sell them on the bit coin market and get real money!
Bitcoin mining requires either your processor or graphics card(s) or both to run full blast for hours to solve these equations. You are essentially exchanging electricity and hardware for real money. This is an ideal strategy for people who get free electricity, such as students in a dorm.
Bitcoin mining is too complex to explain in one segment of this post so I will leave this up to you if you want to go down this rabbit hole. To find out more information, please go here. For this article, I just want you guys to realize that you will not get rich off this even though it is fairly easy and passive. You will need a powerful computer or belong to a bitcoin pool to make this worth your time. Being new to bitcoin mining, you will probably not beat your goal of $300-$500 by the end of the month. What this is good for is getting you $50-100 with a spare computer laying around so you can do less work doing one of the other methods mentioned above. There are a few risked involved with this so be sure to do your research before starting on your bitcoin venture.
Money to be made: Mostly small, but passive, amounts unless you have multiple powerful computers and free electricity.
Difficulty: Somewhat of a steep learning curve and moderately hard to set up. Once it is up though, it is passive and hands off.
Would I recommend it?: Only if you have an extra computer lying around or are in a place with free electricity. It will make your month slightly easier with a nice little amount of money at the end of the month.
Resource Links: Get Started With Bitcoin Mining
As you can see, the methods of making quick cash are simple. The hard part is putting the work in and grinding it out. To stay afloat you have to do what you have to do until that next opportunity pops up a few weeks from now. Work hard and you will get there!
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to subscribe to my posts via email/RSS. You can find the link on the right hand sidebar. Good luck making your money!